© 2021 Travere Therapeutics, Inc. All rights reserved. For US audiences. Chenodal®, Cholbam® and Total Care HUB® are registered trademarks of Travere Therapeutics, Inc. Thiola® and Thiola EC® are registered trademarks of Mission Pharmacal Company.
What do we mean, as a biopharmaceutical company, when we use the word advocacy? Advocacy is about building genuine, long-lasting relationships. It’s about having the interests of patients top of mind with every action. It’s about listening to the rare disease community and ensuring that patients’ valuable insights guide company decisions. Advocacy is about mutual trust, and a lifelong commitment to stand beside people living with rare disease and their families and work on their behalf.
We take advocacy very seriously.
In support of patients with kidney disease
- We work with NephCure Kidney International to increase patient access to disease education, treatment, and clinical trial information, and to strengthen the rare glomerular disease community.
- We work with the International Cystinuria Foundation to bring disease education and legislative attention to this painful rare kidney stone disease.
- We work with IgA Nephropathy Foundation of America to make the condition more understood to families affected by it and the public, as well as increase awareness of clinical trials.
In support of patients with liver disease
- We support The Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders (GFPD), Hunter’s Hope, Alagille Syndrome Alliance and the United Leukodystrophy Foundation to elevate the voices of families impacted by PBD-ZSD, CTX, bile acid synthesis disorders, and other rare conditions impacting the liver.
- We partner with the ALD Alliance to advocate for increased newborn screening so that affected newborns are diagnosed early and can receive early and often life-saving treatment.
Addressing health disparities among patients of all backgrounds
- Travere Therapeutics sponsors the Rare Disease Diversity Coalition led by the Black Women’s Health Imperative to address disparities in the healthcare system, access issues, coverage and affordability.
- We also support the first-ever Diversity Inclusion Advocacy Fellowship at the EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases to increase the representative diversity of patient voices and to engage low income and minority communities in advocacy.